Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Apple Dip

I recently found a new recipe.  It is called "Raw Caramel," but then people compare it to caramel instead of appreciating it for itself.  And so I call it "Apple Dip."  I love that it doesn't make me feel sick when I eat more than a little (as opposed to caramel) and that it has less sugar and more magnesium, calcium, iron, protein, and most other vitamins than caramel.

Author: 
Recipe type: dip, sauce
Ingredients
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • ½ cup organic coconut oil
  • ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 dates, pitted
  • 1 tablespoon of local honey
  • ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
Instructions
  1. Simply blend all of the ingredients together into a Vitamix or high speed blender until thick and smooth.
  2. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
  3. You may chill this after serving (if you have leftovers).
  4. You will need to sit it at room temperature before eating again as the coconut oil will solidify.
  5. Enjoy!

I don't have a high speed blender.  So I cut up the dates and soak them for a bit.  Then I blend everything besides the coconut oil and the almond butter until the dates are blended well.  Then I add the coconut oil.  Sometimes I need to heat it up a bit.  Finally, I add the almond butter.  This way, if it gets too thick, I can just stir it with a spoon.

And there you have it, a no-cook, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free tasty treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment