Author: McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN
Recipe type: dip, sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon of local honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Simply blend all of the ingredients together into a Vitamix or high speed blender until thick and smooth.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
- You may chill this after serving (if you have leftovers).
- You will need to sit it at room temperature before eating again as the coconut oil will solidify.
I don't have a high speed blender. So I cut up the dates and soak them for a bit. Then I blend everything besides the coconut oil and the almond butter until the dates are blended well. Then I add the coconut oil. Sometimes I need to heat it up a bit. Finally, I add the almond butter. This way, if it gets too thick, I can just stir it with a spoon.
And there you have it, a no-cook, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free tasty treat.