Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Getting off the roller coaster


I think I've finally figured out how to avoid the worst of the emotional roller coaster that I struggle with. I have found that I have to get enough sleep and exercise each day. This is mildly ridiculous considering that Young T does not believe in sleeping consistently, but we're making it work. (Although, Monday night was rather ludicrous. A simple fifteen minute nap was enough to have him awake for three hours in the middle of the night. That boy is sure teaching me something...if I learn whatever it is, do you think he will sleep?) So if you call and I sound like I just woke up, you may have caught me napping.

This new knowledge has an unexpected benefit. You see, now that exercising is about more than just "being healthy" someday, I find it much easier to fit it in even when I don't want to. Half an hour of "I don't want to be doing this" is much better than a couple of days of "I want to curl up and cry."

While this may not always work, right now it does. I am grateful. It's nice to start feeling like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment