Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Charles and Emma


Charles and Emma, by Deborah Heiligman, is a delightful book.  The author tells the story of Charles Darwin's marriage.  She uses many of their own words to help tell the story.  And what a story it is.

When Charles Darwin and Emma Wedgewood decided to get married, they already knew that his research challenged her faith.  And yet they built a beautiful marriage based on love and respect.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the ups and downs of the rest of their lives as I got to know two thoughtful people who were dedicated to truth.  I loved the glimpse of a love story that lasted their entire lives.

This is not a fast paced book.  It is a nonfiction biography.  Then again, my life isn't fast paced either.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment