You would think I would know about this baby stuff by now, and yet there is so much I had forgotten.
- Typing is tricky with a baby on lap (and, thus, it is very easy to not email or update for weeks).
- Somehow, this little one who sleeps so much still takes up most of my time.
- 8 or 10 or 13 pounds gets very heavy after a few hours.
- How quickly I can lose my heart to a stranger.
- I think very slowly (and imperfectly) when I sleep like a baby.
- How much my family needs me to be the mom, even when I don't want to.
- How overwhelming it all can be.
- The reality (and suddenness) of depression, even when it only lasts for a few hours or days at a time.
- How kind the Professor is as he deals with an emotional rollercoaster of a wife.
- There is never a good time to clean.
- Little babies are divine right after a bath.
- It is very hard to take only one picture of my boy (once I find and get out the camera, that is.)
Young T, back in October