Saturday, December 19, 2009

I had forgotten

You would think I would know about this baby stuff by now, and yet there is so much I had forgotten.

Such as...
  • Typing is tricky with a baby on lap (and, thus, it is very easy to not email or update for weeks).
  • Somehow, this little one who sleeps so much still takes up most of my time.
  • 8 or 10 or 13 pounds gets very heavy after a few hours.
  • How quickly I can lose my heart to a stranger.
  • I think very slowly (and imperfectly) when I sleep like a baby.
  • How much my family needs me to be the mom, even when I don't want to.
  • How overwhelming it all can be.
  • The reality (and suddenness) of depression, even when it only lasts for a few hours or days at a time.
  • How kind the Professor is as he deals with an emotional rollercoaster of a wife.
  • There is never a good time to clean.
  • Little babies are divine right after a bath.
  • It is very hard to take only one picture of my boy (once I find and get out the camera, that is.)
Young T, back in October

2 comments:

  1. He really is cute. And yes it is amazing how tiring babies that just "sleep" all the time can be

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! i always wonder how i could have gotten so little (ie, nothing) done when they sleep for so long!

    he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete